LA Galaxy vs. Toronto FC: Rating David Beckham’s Performance

David Beckham, earlier this week you said that you wanted to remain a champion until you hang up your cleats and retire from the world game.

Losing matches left and right is not going to fulfill that promise you made to yourself, now is it?

Case in point: Exhibit B, the Los Angeles Galaxy's 2-1 defeat to the champions of Canada—Canada, of all places!—Toronto FC in the second leg of the 2011-12 CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA.

(Seriously, the CCL has officially been turned on its head. Now there can be as much as a 75 percent chance of the trophy remaining in Mexico, and a 25 percent chance it could remain in the same city. Yep, some things never change. By the way, Exhibit A was the 3-1 defeat to Real Salt Lake.)

Once more, the set piece slot machine that Beckham strategically placed in the corners, the Galaxy's attacking third, and the corners again were cranked, turned...

Read Complete Article at Bleacher Report - MLS
Article is property of

Filed under: MLS News Leave a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

No trackbacks yet.